Is this the result of using a birth control patch? I know that the birth control patch is know to heighten ones sex drive but what is happening to me is not normal! it's gotten to the point where i want it so bad it drives my fiance up the walls. And when

Dr. Paula Hillard

In brief: Not likely

An increase in sex drive isn't likely due to the hormones in the birth control patch (although some women feel more freedom to have sex when they're not worried about pregnancy).
If it's enough to cause problems in your relationship, you should discuss with your doctor.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Persistent

Persistent genital arousal disorder can be defined as the uncontrollable or persistent genital arousal not related to feelings of sexual desire.
This syndrome occurs, at times, in post menopausal women or women on hormonal therapy (in this case, the brth control patch can be considered as a factor, but researches have not been able to pin point a cause). Pgad is a spontaneous or persistent occurence that can be temporily relieved by orgasm, however long periods of pgad can be associated with decreased sexual desire because the desire becomes linked to pain and suffering. The cause of this disorder is not known, but there has been relief through certain medications. See your doctor.

In brief: Persistent

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Jane Van Dis