Should i count the 1st day of my period from when I have brown discharge (usually 2-4 days) or when I have red blood? I am ttc. I usually have about 1-4 days of light flow brown discharge immediately preceding my red blood flow during my period. I am fa

Dr. Tarun Jain
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Typically

you want day 1 as first day of full red flow.

In brief: Typically

Dr. Tarun Jain
Dr. Tarun Jain
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: Yes,

Yes, if your cycle is longer (from start of one.
..To start of the next) then you typically will ovulate later. Counting is one method but nowadays you can easily obtain ovulation prediction tests from a rite-aid or cvs. These will indicate when you are going to ovulate. If all tests are negative you probably are not ovulating regularly and may benefit from treatment.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham