If my son hit the back of his head on concrete but complains about forehead hurting. Should i be concerned? He is 3 years old

Dr. Richard Hector
Ophthalmology

If he is sick to his stomach and vomits, take him to the emergency room.

Dr. Richard Hector
Dr. Richard Hector
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: The

The american academy of pediatrics recommends that you call your child's doctor for advice for anything more than a light bump on the head.
If your child is alert, moving normally and responsive to you, then it's most likely a mild injury and you can follow up with your child's doctor in a day or two. It's ok to let them sleep/nap at this point if they are tired. If your child worsens, however, then that would be a reason to go to the emergency room. Other reasons to seek emergency care are: -vomiting -worsening headache (any location) -confusion -slurred speech -changes in behavior such as increasing irritability or fussiness -worsening coordination such as trouble walking or clumsiness -seizures -changes in pupils such as one larger than the other -lasting or recurrent dizziness -blood or fluid coming from the nose or ears - large bumps or bruises on areas other than the forehead - especially in infants a good rule of thumb is when in doubt, get it checked out! legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: The

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Shontae Buffington