Both my children have red bumps on their upper body's front and back and they itch. It has been there for 2 weeks what is it? I have tried Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and changing washing detergant, but it's not getting better

Please. Please see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options.
A . A rash with raised red bumps is called a maculopapular rash and can be caused by many, many things such as: -food or drug allergy -viral infections such as fifths disease, roseola, ebv, CMV just to name a few -insect bites such as fleas or scabies -bacterial infection such as scarlet fever (caused by strep) -medication reaction or it can be seen in very rare things such as: -measles -toxic shock syndrome -kawasaki disease -meningitis -stevens-johnson syndrome -rocky mountain spotted fever disease the list goes on and on. The best thing to do is to call your child's doctor. They may want to take a look to see what it may be. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.