I had a baby 4 weeks ago sunday and he hasn't pooped today at all...I'm a little bit worried because he grunts and pulls his leg s up but nothing comes out...Help me please!

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: A normal baby....

...Who is breast fed can have a bm every time you feed him or once a week or anything in between.
Babies grunt, turn red and sometimes cry when they try to poop. This is normal. They have to learn how to use stomach muscles to push it out, just like they have to learn to use arms and legs. As long as the poop, when it finally come out, is soft, you have nothing to worry about.

In brief: A normal baby....

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Normal i some

Your typical breast fed baby can have a little poo smear every feeding or one giant blowout every 7-10 days.
If soft, i don't consider it constipation. If you formula feed, 3 days is a bit unusual.Wetting every 6 hours or more & feeding vigorously are signs of good basic health. All babies pull legs & arms in when fussing as a reflex.Grunting is normal, they have no social graces.

In brief: Normal i some

Dr. Cindy Juster