Do doctors normally massage the prostate of patients with chronic prostatitis?

Depends. Prostate massage is a form of treatment for chronic abacterial prostatitis. It can help some patients with improvement in their symptoms and in other patients, can cause more pain.
Prostate massage. is an old-fashioned treatment and not used much today. If the prostate is infected prostate massage can spread the infection. A physical therapist can teach you some pelvic floor exercises that may be helpful. Please see a urologist if you have not done so. Peace and good health.