Is it normal to just stop having a period? 29 and I use to have very regular periods but about 3 months ago my partner had a historectomy and I have not have my period. We want to have a baby but i'm not menstrating how do I fix this?

Dr. John Geisler
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: Early menopause

You need to see your ob/gyn to be worked up for amenorrhea.

In brief: Early menopause

Dr. John Geisler
Dr. John Geisler
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: It

It is not normal for you to stop having your period.
However, when you are among other females, your hormones can sychnronize, causing your menstral cycles to synch up. The abrupt inactivity of your menstral cylce can be attributed to stress or a sudden increase in activity. Talk to your doctor about preparing for pregnancy as he/she can help you come up with a regimen for healthy lifestyles, prenatal care and assist with identifying why your period has halted.

In brief: It

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham