What could it be? I have a knot in my breast. It used to show up a few days before my period then go away when i started. I am now over 50 years old and my periods stopped about a year ago. For this year, the knot has returned even larger and stayed most

Dr. Lee Friedman
Radiology

In brief: I

I understand your concerns as it can be scary when you are not sure what the tests involve.
The first thing you would need to do is see your obgyn or primary care doctor and let them evaluate you. They most likely will order a mammogram which you should be getting once a year. They might also order an ultrasound. Both these tests are non-invasive and will help the doctor characterize this "knot".

In brief: I

Dr. Lee Friedman
Dr. Lee Friedman
Dr. David Dang
Radiology

In brief: I

I support the above answer to your concern.
It is best that you obtain care from a physician who will probably advice you of exams which may include mammograms, ultrasound and/or MRI of the breasts.

In brief: I

Dr. David Dang
Dr. David Dang
Dr. Adam Levy