I have a clogged swimmers ear how do I get rid of it i used two drops and one is a pain reliever and one is an antiobotic i used motrin and Advil (ibuprofen)

Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Fungal

Sometimes patients may also have fungal ear infection requiring oral or topical treatment.

In brief: Fungal

Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. Richard Strabbing
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Ciprodex ear drops

As an ear surgeon, i only use quinolone ear drops.
An example of this type of drop would be Ciprodex which is a combination of Ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone. Most swimmers ear responds to this within 3 days. Typically still have you finish a 7 day course. Additionally, if your ear canal skin is very swollen your doc may need to place a wick in the ear canal to allow the drops to enter the ear.

In brief: Ciprodex ear drops

Dr. Richard Strabbing
Dr. Richard Strabbing
Dr. Vikram Patel