How long does the depoprevera shot stay in your system before you can get pregnant? My last shot was due in april and i never went and got it, i had my period in may and i havnt had it since, I have been sexually active since, I have been cramping, having

Dr. Jonathan Song
Gynecology

In brief: 90 Days

Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) can last up to 100-120 days, but loses it's effect in about 90-100 days, which is why you are typically asked to return in 90 days for your next shot.
If you've had your menses (period) and it's been about 90 days or so from your last injection, you are most likely free of the effects of the depo.

In brief: 90 Days

Dr. Jonathan Song
Dr. Jonathan Song
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: Yes.

Yes. I see from the question that this was about a month ago so by now you should have confirmed a possible pregnancy.
If you are not interested in pregnancy, you may wish to use an alternative to depo-provera. Depo-provera can cause prolonged amenorrhea (absence of periods) even after a single injection however the contraceptive efficacy generally lasts only about 12 weeks.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham