Could lifting affect or add strain to my injury? I was diagnosed with cervical disc degeneration, cervicalgia, arthropathy of the neck and head, and radiculopathy. My last job i did a lot of lifting on heavy items such as furniture on a daily basis and w

Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Neck pain

Any kind of strain always affects an 'injures' body part worse than a healthy spine, arm, or leg.
If you had degeneration already, additional strain can certainly make this feel worse, although no changes in imaging or exam are identified. For arthritic spine, 'motion is lotion' with gentle daily stretching+no over exertion. If needed, take some preemptive anti-inflammatories before you start!

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Dr. Andreas Meier
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: It

It is very possible that lifting heavy items can contribute to cervical disk problems.
Even though the process occurs naturally to some degree in all of us, overuse and repeated micro trauma can accelerate the process and contribute to the degeneration.

In brief: It

Dr. Andreas Meier
Dr. Andreas Meier
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine