My friend has lots of bloody noses what could be causing them he has lots of bloody noses and not sure why

Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Nasal dryness

A dry nose from dry air is a common reason for nosebleeds but, if they are frequent or severe, your friend needs to be seen by an ENT who can examine the inside of the nose and look for things like polyps, erosions or tumors.

In brief: Nasal dryness

Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Epistaxis

Epistaxis or bloody noses can be caused by a variety of things such as dry air, nose picking, sinusitis, allergies, nasal sprays, etc.
And it is worth having it looked into by and ear, nose and throat doctor (otolaryngologist). They can place a scope (small camera) into his nose and see why he is having the nose bleeds. They may even be able to stop them from happening which i'm sure would be a relief to him! in the meantime, here are a few nose bleed tips. If your friend's nose starts to bleed, pinch the soft part of his nose below the bridge (not the bridge) to stop the bleeding. Now keep pinching for 5 minutes. Set a timer or look at a watch because it will feel like forever. And no peeking! that will stop 95% of all nosebleeds. Good luck! legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: Epistaxis

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine