How fast can breast cancer spread? In feb 2011, my obgyn told me that he felt lumps in both my breasts, but said they felt like fibroids. I've been having pain in the left breast since mid march (top part and the outter fatty part of breast), but not in t

Dr. Muaiad Kittaneh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Self

Self breast awareness is key in detecting breast cancer at an early stage.
There are different types of breast cancer. Some forms are more aggressive than others. Any abnormality in your breasts should not be ignored and you should see your doctor immediately.

In brief: Self

Dr. Muaiad Kittaneh
Dr. Muaiad Kittaneh

In brief: Variable

You apparently were told in 2011 that you had fibrocystic breast condition by physical examination.
This benign breast condition commonly causes breast pain. But you need a new doctor examination and evaluation with a mammogram and possible breast ultrasound now. Ask your doctor to have these tests done. See your doctor for yearly breast physical examinations and when you note concerns.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery