I went to the bathroom and i had bloody stool. Lots of blood. What is wrong with me? I am male and 31 years old

Dr. William Harris

In brief: Hemorrhoids

If you are otherwise young and healthy, this is most likely local blood you are seeing.
I would expect that it is bright red blood, and not maroon or black (digested) blood from higher up. It can be quite shocking to see this, but can be caused by simple things such as low-fiber diet and exertion. Start with preparation h cream & suppositories. See your fp if it doesn't resolve in 2 days.

In brief: Hemorrhoids

Dr. William Harris
Dr. William Harris
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine