I have a blood clotting disorder and i had a blood clot after having a C-section with my son i want another child is it possible also he was premature they said it was from a viral infection not my blood clotting disorder

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Hard to say

Some clotting disorders can make conception difficult.
I am not aware of clotting causing prematurity, however. You will have to discuss with your doctor how to prevent blood clots during your next pregnancy.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There

There are many blood clotting disorders that can worsen with pregnancy putting you and the baby at higher risk for complication than someone without a blood clotting issue.
The first thing to find out is which clotting disorder you have. The most common one is factor v leiden, but there are other rarer ones such as protein c and s deficiency, dysfunctional fibrinogen, and anti-phospholipid antibody just to name a few. Depending on which blood clotting or "hypercoagulable" problem you have will guide your doctor in knowing how to counsel you for future pregnancies. Some clotting disorders can be treated with injectable blood thinners during pregnancy with good outcomes for mom and baby, though some disorders are more dangerous and harder to treat. Speak with your ob/gyne doctor about your specific risks. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: There

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham