Is 1 family counseling session and 1 month long enough to reconcile 32 years of family issues? My mom and dad and i were recommended to go to family counseling. We went to 1 seession and 1 month has gone by. Social services is involved and after the 1 ses

Dr. Jane Velez
Clinical Psychology

In brief: At least 6-8

Try at least 6 to 8 therapy sessions to make changes.
Of course 32 years cannot be fixed in one session! the family system is known to resist change, so many follow up sessions are needed to reinforce positive changes.

In brief: At least 6-8

Dr. Jane Velez
Dr. Jane Velez
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This sounds like an issue that the lawyers on this site can help you with.
As far as my medical opinion from a family practioners view point, it sounds like you need a lot more sessions to deal with "32 years of family issues" most patients often spend years in therapy working out their "issues". There may be multiple reasons the court has decided to seek custody of your child, and like i said before this is a legal matter and should be addressed by one of our highly experienced lawyers. Good luck.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy