What happens when you go to the doctor to get birth control? My mom wants me to go on birth control and doesn't know im having sex with my boy friend of two years. We just starting having sex and I want to know what happens when you go in.

See a teen doctor. Your mom may suspect you need birth control, and wants you not to get pregnant. Talk with her if you can. Drs who take care of teens will talk with you privately, and should answer your questions about confidentiality. It's not necessary to have a gyn exam to get birth control (but may be a good idea).Testing for stds is important. Ask mom or girlfriend about a gyno exam and make an appt asap.
Before. Before starting you on birth control pills you will need to see your doctor for a physical examination, a vaginal exam and a pap smear. You can expect to be greeted by a nurse who will take your vital signs, height and weight and you will be escorted to an examination room. Then, you will change into a gown, taking off your undergarments. Your doctor will come in and ask you about your medical history, do a physical exam by listening to your heart and lungs with a stethoscope and perform other examinations (such as vision/hearing test). This is a good time to let your doctor know of any health concerns or questions you have. Your doctor may also perform a breast exam by feeling for lumps on your breasts and under your armpits. When it is time for your vaginal examination, you will be asked to lay back and and place your feet in stirrups. The doctor will sit at the end of the table and will examine your vagina with gloved hands to make sure there are no abnormal pains or lumps. When it is time for your pap smear, the doctor will insert a metal device into your vagina, meant to open the vaginal canal in order to view your cervix for abnormality. Then a long qtip will be inserted to obtain cells from your cervix, which is about 3-6 inches inside your vagina. You may feel pelvic cramping as the doctor 'swabs' your cervix to take a sample of the cells for the pap smear. A physical exam, vaginal exam and pap smear should be done atleast once a year if you are sexually active. If you get a bill of good health, it will be appropriate to start you on birth control. Always practice safe sex!