Are accurate male fertility tests available over the counter?

Dr. Sheila Goodman

In brief: None I know of

The only real fertility test for men is a semen analysis which is a detailed look at the sperm and other cells in semen.
It grades the sperm quality based on number, activity and shape. If the semen analysis is normal, there is no further testing necessary. When it is abnormal, a physical exam and some hormone tests are the next step.

In brief: None I know of

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Maybe

There are otc sperm tests, but using them to predict fertility is problematic.
Fertell, kokopelli, and fertilmarq are all available. There is limited data correlating fertell to computerized semen analysis. We need more information on fertility outcomes.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Paul Turek
Urology

In brief: Pretty good

Good but not great.
Always good to see a urologist and to get a formal semen analysis to confirm what was found on the home semen test.

In brief: Pretty good

Good but not great.
Dr. Paul Turek
Dr. Paul Turek