Will a bladder biopsy help my doctor figure out if my bladder infection is very serious?

In brief: Its Contraindicated
Unless a cystoscopy must be perfomed emergently, the procedure is contraindicated in the presence of a bladder infection.
A cystoscopy and bladder biopsy could lead to a massive infection, sepsis, and possibly death if performed while there is an untreated urinary infection.

In brief: Its Contraindicated
Dr. Howard Adler
Dr. Howard Adler
In brief: Maybe
Bladder biopsies help identify malignancy in the bladder. If there is concern for infection, then a urine culture is needed to identify the type of infection and medicaiotns that will be effective in trating the infection.
A biopsy by itself will not generally tell you about an routing bladder infection.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Adam Smith