I'm going through menopause can I still get pregnant? I'm 39 I am going through menopause and still have a monthly period can I get pregnant?

Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Travel Medicine

In brief: Possibly

Early on in perimenopause, a woman may go back out of early menopause if her ovaries kick back into full function.
And rarely, in this situation, women have become pregnant. Until you are certain, and your provider concurs, don't assume your fertility is a thing of the past if you have just started to have spaced out periods and rare hot flashes. You may go back and forth with fertility. Be safe!

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Jane Van Dis