I need to know what kind of doctor i need to go to i had a very bad head ache about 2 weeks ago.. Ever since I have been dizzy.. I have 3 uncles in my family that have vertigo.. It is getting worse i'm worried about driving.. I do not have insurance.. So

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There

There are 2 types of doctors that specialize in dizziness: an otolayngologist (ear, nose and throat doctor) and a neurologist (brain doctor).
Unfortunately, which doctor to go to depends on what is causing your dizziness - and if you knew that, you wouldn't have to go, right? I would start with an otolaryngologist since the majority of vertigo problems have to do with the inner ear. They will examine you and may be able to perform in office testing (such as hearing tests) to rule out some of the more common causes. Just to warn you, though, if your vertigo/dizziness problem is complicated or if the cause is not obvious, either doctor may recommend imaging such as an MRI and that's not cheap. You may want to contact a social worker in your area to discuss insurance options in case this problem is not straight forward. Good luck! legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: There

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: HA

Family doctor first. May refer u to a neurologist if needed.

In brief: HA

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali