Should I be worried if my bladder biopsy shows undifferentiated carcinoma?

In brief: Possibly
Undifferentiated carcinoma means that the tumor is not showing the normal patterns seen for a transitional or urothelial (lining of the bladder) tumor. However, undifferentiated tumors are usually very active in growth: which means they also respond better and more completely to radiation, chemotherapy or other methods of treatment.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
In brief: Possibly
Havinga biopsy that reveals undifferentiated carcinoma means that the cancer is highly irregular. These tumors tend to spread more quickly and be more aggressive.
If thetumor is caught in the early stages, it is still treatable. If the tumor is diagnosed later, it can be more challenging to treat.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Andrea Brand