My son (2 years old) is running a slight fever. He has some diarehha but is sleeping and eating fine could it bee his teething? He needs 3 molars.

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Possibly

Some children do get low grade fever and mild diarrhea while teething.
The key to deciding if this is normal is mild. If other signs of illness develop or symptoms worsen then i would have him evaluated by his pediatrician just to be safe.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly BUT........

Talk to your pediatrician.
Your pediatrician may want to examine your child to rule out other, possibly more serious problems.

In brief: Possibly BUT........

Talk to your pediatrician.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Teething

Teething and the symptoms attributed to it are a common concern for parents.
Lots of studies have looked at this and shown the most common symptoms of teething to be: -increased biting -drooling -gum-rubbing -sucking -irritability -wakefulness -ear rubbing -facial rash -decreased appetite for solid foods -slightly elevated temperature (under 100.4f) of course none of these symptoms accurately and consistently predict tooth eruption - that would be too easy, right? If his temperature is over 100.4f and he has diarrhea, he is more likely sick than teething. Call your child's doctor with any questions or concerns. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: Teething

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Shontae Buffington