I have a large mass above my umbilicus-dx fat tumor can I have it removed I have a lot of GI problems and could the tumor affect my GI tract-press up against my large/small intestine or bladder? What are the dangers of not having it surgically removed? Wi

You . You need to be examined by a surgeon the range of diagnosis goes from a simple lipoma outside the muscles to a hernia to an intrabdominal mass the diagnosis requires a physical examination and most likely a ct scan of the abdomen the options would be based on the findings. Any tumor is abnormal and should be investigated.
Lipoma. Lipomas are benign cysts in your abdominal wall. They do not press up against internal organs in any significant way. They are easily removed. There are no dangers associated with leaving them alone. There is a mild pain and a very rare chance of any complication associated with removal.