My daughter has been sick since friday doctor said she had a ear infection she is still running a fever its been 3 days took her back to the doctor today he gave her a antibiotice shot couple of hours after we got home her fever came up to 102 and she vo

Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Now give it time

The antibiotics now need time to work.
In the mean time, keep her well hydrated with fluids and give her something for fever and inflammation such as Ibuprofen (advil, motrin). Best of luck!

In brief: Now give it time

The antibiotics now need time to work.
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If the fever is secondary to the ear infection, your child should improve in 24-48 hours after the antibiotic was given.
Often, children also have viral illnesses that accompany ear infections which could also be causing the fever. The good news is that fevers themselves aren't dangerous - it's just the body's way of fighting infection. I advise that you treat the child, not the fever. A sick-looking child who is irritable and not drinking with no fever is much more worrisome than a happily playing and drinking child with a temp of 103f. Reasons to call your doctor or seek further care are: -fever lasting 5 days or more -fever over 104f -refusal to eat or drink -irritability -difficult to wake up -any specific pain complaints -neck stiffness and headache -prolonged vomiting, diarrhea or signs of dehydration -rash -difficulty breathing -worsening instead of improving of course, use your instincts! when in doubt, give your child's doctor a call. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham