How long will it be before i can return to my normal exercise routine after a butt lift? I like to stay pretty active; i normally run several miles a week and do yoga every day. For how long will i need to avoid exercise following my butt lift procedure?

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Exercising After BBL

In general, it is best not to sit on your buttocks in any way for 14 days and, during the 3rd week, do a minimum amount of sitting on a Roho cushion.
Your plastic surgeon will let you know when you can return to your exercise routine and how to successfully do that without compromising your health or your results (based on your specific surgery and case).

In brief: Exercising After BBL

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology

In brief: That Depends

Many excellent plastic surgeons host public lectures answering questions like these.
Alternatively, a phone call with this question to a plastic surgeon you're considering is entirely appropriate. No need to be hesitant! in general, though, a 6 week break from vigorous exercise following an implant is suggested by many plastic surgeons.

In brief: That Depends

Dr. James Henning
Dr. James Henning
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I tell patients, activity as tolerated asap.
Make sure your provider is a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: I

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine