Do I have to stop taking my medication before having facial peels? I am currently taking the anti-anxiety pills called celexa, and I do not want to go too many days without using it. If I have to stop taking this before my facial peels, how many days will

Dr. Jane Velez
Clinical Psychology

In brief: No you dont

I know an esthetician (my daughter) who does facial peels on herself and many others and she and a lot of her clients take medications such as your antidepressant (celexa) which is also used for anxiety.

In brief: No you dont

Dr. Jane Velez
Dr. Jane Velez
Dr. Samuel Bartholomew
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Patients

Patients may instructed to hold anti-depressant medication 24 hours prior to surgery is some cases.
The answer to this question will ultimately be answered by the physician performing the facial peel.

In brief: Patients

Dr. Samuel Bartholomew
Dr. Samuel Bartholomew