When can I start exercising again after a fat transfer? I'm thinking about having liposuction to remove fat from my back and love handles and having it injected into my butt. How long will it be after the fat transfer before i can go to the gym? What abou

Dr. John Walker
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: As soon as possible!

Exercise stimulates blood supply to support growth of the fat cells, start at around 2 weeks after surgery.
Stair stepper, lunges, squats, and elliptical.

In brief: As soon as possible!

Dr. John Walker
Dr. John Walker
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 4 to 6 weeks

Your surgeon is the one who should tell you when it is time to go back exercising; however, 4 to 6 weeks is an average.

In brief: 4 to 6 weeks

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Megan Jack
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Exercise after OR

Exercise restrictions depend on the surgeon and procedure.
I typically like patients to be up walking the day after surgery as this helps prevent blood clots. Most people won't feel like exercising for about a week after in decent size surgery. You will probably want to do light cardio only for the first few weeks to let the fat transfer heal before major muscle use.

In brief: Exercise after OR

Dr. Megan Jack
Dr. Megan Jack
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Anything

Anything asap. I tell my patients no direct pressure to butt for 4 weeks.

In brief: Anything

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine