I have a 24 mth old toddler. 2 days ago i took my son to ped with a 103 fever they said virus. He woke up today day 3 with 103 fever and has been sleeping all day . Today is a holiday and not sure if I should call ped or should I just wait till morni

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: I'm

I'm sorry your little one is sick! the good news is that fevers themselves aren't dangerous - it's just the body's way of fighting infection.
I advise that you treat the child, not the fever. A sick-looking child who is irritable and not drinking with no fever is much more worrisome than a happily playing and drinking child with a temp of 103f. Use your judgement. Reasons to call your doctor or seek further care are: -fever lasting 5 days or more -fever over 104f -refusal to eat or drink (drinking most important) -irritability -difficult to wake up -any specific pain complaints -neck stiffness and headache -prolonged vomiting, diarrhea or signs of dehydration -rash -difficulty breathing -worsening instead of improving of course, use your instincts! when in doubt, give your child's doctor a call. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: I'm

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Ravi Chand

In brief: FEVER

Viral fever can be notorioius sometimes in children, its been day 3, please call 911 or go to nearest er, feel that other causes need to be ruled out.

In brief: FEVER

Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Cindy Juster