Is a panniculectomy normally an out- patient procedure? How long will I have to stay in the hospital after my panniculectomy? I have lost a lot of weight, but I still have some excess skin around my stomach. Is this procedure ever done on an outpatient ba

Outpatient surgery. Panniculectomy is outpatient, typically. However, with all you weight loss, you may want to consider a full abdominoplasty or a lower body lift. These are still outpatient surgeries (lower body lift stays overnight and goes home the next day).
Panniculectomy . Panniculectomy is a major surgery requiring an overnight stay in the hospital. You will typically spend one night in the hospital and there will also be a recovery period prior to returning to your normal activities. This recovery period will be based on the extent of your surgical incisions and location.