Is a panniculectomy normally an out- patient procedure? How long will I have to stay in the hospital after my panniculectomy? I have lost a lot of weight, but i still have some excess skin around my stomach. Is this procedure ever done on an outpatient ba

Dr. Carmen Kavali
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Outpatient surgery

Panniculectomy is outpatient, typically.
However, with all you weight loss, you may want to consider a full abdominoplasty or a lower body lift. These are still outpatient surgeries (lower body lift stays overnight and goes home the next day).

In brief: Outpatient surgery

Dr. Carmen Kavali
Dr. Carmen Kavali
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Panniculectomy

Panniculectomy is a major surgery requiring an overnight stay in the hospital.
You will typically spend one night in the hospital and there will also be a recovery period prior to returning to your normal activities. This recovery period will be based on the extent of your surgical incisions and location.

In brief: Panniculectomy

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge