Are eye drops enough for my glaucoma? I was diagnosed with a mild form of glaucoma last year. I know that it's a serious disease my ophthalmologist seems quite relaxed about it. He says that it's nothing serious and tells me that using my eye drops is mor

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably

Only your ophthalmologist can answer that question, and it seems like he has already.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Alma Murphy
Ophthalmology

In brief: As

As long as your glaucoma is stable, which means your optic nerve and visual field are not deteriorating, then glaucoma eyedrops are the safest treatment.
Please review the information about glaucoma in the link below.

In brief: As

Dr. Alma Murphy
Dr. Alma Murphy
Dr. Claudio Contreras
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably

Glaucoma is an incurable disease that results in damage to the eye (optic) nerve.
It is usually a slowly progressive disease. The goal of treatment is slow the rate of damage by lowering the eye pressure. In the early stages of the disease medications are usually sufficient to control the disease. Eye examinations and tests are required on a regular basis.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Claudio Contreras
Dr. Claudio Contreras
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine