Will i lose feeling in my breast after a breast implant removal? I must have a breast implant removal because they are causing bleeding that cannot be stopped. A friend told me that once the procedure is done, i will lose all sensation in my breast area.

Dr. Carmen Kavali
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: A friend's "advice"

Friends sometimes say things without any real knowledge, which is frustrating.
If you have bleeding and your implant must be removed for that reason, then numbness should be the least of your worries. Why are you bleeding? How recent was your implant surgery? How long have you been bleeding? Numbness isn't a big concern with a simple implant removal.

In brief: A friend's "advice"

Dr. Carmen Kavali
Dr. Carmen Kavali
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not Likely.

Generally, removal of breast implants tends to be associated with less risk ( including the potential for loss of sensation) than the initial breast augmentation surgery was.
Probably best, with all due respect, not to listen to your friends when it comes to procedural risks/complications. Your plastic surgeon will be the best resource for you.

In brief: Not Likely.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not likely

Removal, of breast implants tend to be less complicated then implant placement.
While it is possible to lose sensation it is unlikely to produce permanent. Loss of sensation.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Robert Whitfield
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast sensation

Implant removal doesn't cause a loss of sensation.
It is unclear to me why you are bleeding. Is there a wound that has not healed and continues to bleed.

In brief: Breast sensation

Dr. Robert Whitfield
Dr. Robert Whitfield
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: If

If the same scar is used, very unlikely sensation will be affected.

In brief: If

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery