I have a 15 month old baby whom i'm now only nursing 1-2x day. Wondering when i will get my period back? I had what felt like cramps today and was very emotional but nothing yet!

Dr. Joshua Ackerman

In brief: TYPICALLY

Typically your period will return after 4-6 wks after delivery of the baby.
If you are breast feeding it might be variable. Please understand that breast feeding is not a reliable form of contraception after you deliver. :) dr. Josh.

In brief: TYPICALLY

Dr. Joshua Ackerman
Dr. Joshua Ackerman
Dr. Leslie Miller

In brief: Period

Period bleeding is controlled by ovarian hormones and these will produce a regular cycle when you are ovulating or making an egg once a month.
Women can ovulate before the bleeding returns when breast feeding. It is possible you are already pregnant especially since it is more than 6 months from your delivery. Lactation can prevent pregnancy 98% up to 6 months post partum if there has been no menstrual bleeding, 100% breast feed baby so round the clock sucking (pumping has not been studied), but after 6 months it is not known how reliable lactation alone can be to prevent ovulation. So get a pregnancy test and see your health care provider as there can be other reasons you are not having a period.

In brief: Period

Dr. Leslie Miller
Dr. Leslie Miller
Dr. Cindy Juster