Do most patients achieve 20/20 vision after laser eye surgery? I'm considering laser eye surgery. As far as I know, the only problem with my eyes is nearsightedness, and there is no history of glaucoma or other eye disorders in my family. Is there a good

Yes. Most myopic patients achieve 20/20 after lasik . High myopia and high degrees of astigmatism may reduce the probability of getting 20/20.
20/20. Most patients are corrected to 20/ 20 vision. There are pre- lasik tests that need to be measured to make sure you are a good candidate for lasik.
Yes, . Yes, depending on the technique you can achieve 20/20 or better uncorrected vision in most cases. Most studies achieve this benchmark in 90-95% of patients. I personally had intralase lasik on my own eyes 4 years ago and still have a 20/10 result (about 3 lines better than 20/20). Provided you are a good candidate and willing to tolerate a small chance of surgical complications then the surgery results are quite good. For full disclosure, individual results do vary for many different reasons which your surgeon can discuss with you. I have no financial interests in intralase technology or any other refractive company. Best regards, jc.