Do most patients achieve 20/20 vision after laser eye surgery? I'm considering laser eye surgery. As far as i know, the only problem with my eyes is nearsightedness, and there is no history of glaucoma or other eye disorders in my family. Is there a good

Dr. Douglas Liva
Ophthalmology

Most myopic patients achieve 20/20 after lasik .
High myopia and high degrees of astigmatism may reduce the probability of getting 20/20.

Dr. Douglas Liva
Dr. Douglas Liva
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine

In brief: 20/20

Most patients are corrected to 20/ 20 vision.
There are pre- lasik tests that need to be measured to make sure you are a good candidate for lasik.

In brief: 20/20

Dr. Alan Jackson
Dr. Alan Jackson
Dr. John Cason
Ophthalmology

In brief: Yes,

Yes, depending on the technique you can achieve 20/20 or better uncorrected vision in most cases.
Most studies achieve this benchmark in 90-95% of patients. I personally had intralase lasik on my own eyes 4 years ago and still have a 20/10 result (about 3 lines better than 20/20). Provided you are a good candidate and willing to tolerate a small chance of surgical complications then the surgery results are quite good. For full disclosure, individual results do vary for many different reasons which your surgeon can discuss with you. I have no financial interests in intralase technology or any other refractive company. Best regards, jc.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. John Cason
Dr. John Cason
Dr. Tim Conrad
Laser vision correction is a good option to treat nearsightedness. Glasses and contact lenses are good options, too.
Dr. Andrea Brand