If my bladder cancer recurrence after BCG treatment, what is the next option?

Dr. Chris Kyle
Urology

In brief: Various options

There are a number of factors, including the original pathology, how quickly you recurred, the type of recurrence, etc.
In my practice, i will often give a second round of bcg other options include: bcg plus interferon mitomycin c thiotepa valrubicin and of course cystectomy.

In brief: Various options

Dr. Chris Kyle
Dr. Chris Kyle
Dr. Terence Chapman
Urology - Oncology

In brief: BCG plus interferon

There is evidence that BCG plus ifn can salvage or successfully treat people who have failed BCG alone.
Also, your overall risk depends on the grade and stage of your original cancer. If it is low grade low stage, then the overall risk is quite different than patient with high grade superficial bladder cancer.

In brief: BCG plus interferon

Dr. Terence Chapman
Dr. Terence Chapman
Dr. Steven Seres