Can an obese person have a successful butt lift? I recently lost over 120 pounds, and I am considering having a butt lift procedure to tighten up the loose skin around my buttocks. I still have about 80 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. Can I have t

Better to lose first. I always encourage patients to lose as much of their targeted weight loss as possible before surgery, and to maintain the weight loss for a bit prior to determining a surgical course of action. A lower BMI (body mass index) will not only lower surgical complication risk, but you will very likely get a ‘tighter’ surgical result for procedures like body lifts, butt lifts, and tummy tucks.
Yes, but... . No pun intended. It may make more sense to complete your weight loss prior to your buttocks lift, especially if weight will be lost from the buttocks. It would be disappointing to get a nice result from a buttocks lift, and then have loose sagging skin from further weight loss. I cannot make specific recommendations without seeing you. Consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
For . For all body contouring surgery, it is ideal to get to your ideal weight first. This will give you the maximum result. As you know, your skin ends up loose like a rubberband that has been stretched out, and the more weight you lose, the looser it will be. If you lose the weight first, then the surgeon can make the area tighter.