If I have bph, is it bad for me to drink red wine?

Dr. Barry Kahn
Pathology

In brief: Wine

No, in fact there is some research to suggest that drinking red wine in moderation may lower a male's risk of prostate cancer by up to 50%.
This benefit is not present with white wine (sorry!).

In brief: Wine

Dr. Barry Kahn
Dr. Barry Kahn
Dr. Chris Kyle
Urology

In brief: No

Other than the fact you need to be aware that alcohol is a diuretic and may make you need to go to the bathroom more often.

In brief: No

Dr. Chris Kyle
Dr. Chris Kyle
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Okay...

No, it's okay to drink red wine in moderation although wine supplies water and alcohol to inhibit secretion of antiuretic hormone (adh), resulting in water and sodium loss, in turn, leading to diuresis so to have more frequency ; nocturia.
Through such understanding and accepting the consequence, it's logical to drink it. So, as seen, lifestyle is essential part of healthcare.

In brief: Okay...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin