If I have bladder cancer, would there be blood in my urine?

Usually. Most patients with bladder cancer will have detectable levels of blood in the urine (hematuria). Sometimes it is visible to the patient while other times it is only seen microscopically. In unusual cases might a person be diagnosed with cancer in the bladder with no hematuria.
Yes. Bladder cancer may cause visible blood in the urine or microscopic blood in the urine which is only picked up by urine tests. Depending on the type of cancer, size, number of lesions, etc, blood may be visible to the naked eye but can also be absent with smaller lesions. Therefore, urine tests must be performed when bladder cancer is suspected.