Will prk surgery improve my vision enough for swimming and other sports? I've had glasses a long time, and they greatly improve my vision. However, i want to be able to go swimming and do other activities without worrying about wearing them. Will prk impr

Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine

In brief: PRK

After prk recovery there is no reason to limit your activity including swimming and those other sports.
It is always a good idea to protect your eyes during activities where there is a projectile object , like racquet ball, tennis, soft ball etc.

In brief: PRK

Dr. Federico Mattioli
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Very likely

Typical results from prk are very good so it is very likely your goals could be achieved.
A careful evaluation and discussion of your situation and options with your ophthalmologist are important for making a good decision.

In brief: Very likely

Dr. John Cason
Ophthalmology

In brief: For

For most people..
.Yes. As long as you are a good candidate for prk then most patients achieve their best vision with their glasses or even better after refractive surgery. I would recommend refraining from swimming for 30 days after prk in order to prevent infection. --best regards, jc.

In brief: For

For most people..
Dr. Adam Smith