Can I have gastric bypass surgery? I'm a 19 year old male who weighs about 168 and is about 5'3. I want to weigh about 140. I was always overweight as a child. The highest I ever weighed was 190. In my second year of college when I suddenly reaalized that

I would hope not. You should try to stop sugar, carbs, increase your water..Cardio exercise..Eat more vegs , and protein..You can find more ideas on www.Weighstation.Net.
Gastric . Gastric bypass surgery is meant for morbidly obese people with several comorbidities. Prior to being considered for this extensive surgery, you will have to show a record of efforts you have taken to lose weight such as an exercise regimen, diet plan. This is largely because gastric bypass surgery also comes with major risks. Indeed, you may be overwieght, but it is apparent that you have the ability to lose weight. If you are suffering from other health issues like diabetes, cardiac issues or back problems start taking the necessary steps to lose weight. You are also still young, you are not heavy enough for the surgery. You are not an ideal candidate. Talk to your doctor about healthy lifestyles and work out regimens.