What non surgical releif is there in lieu of hip replacement ? I have pain in my left leg after i stand up. When i walk many times i limp..One dr. Said my hip cartilege is gone after she looked at the xray. But my MRI showed spinal nuerosis.

Dr. Raj Sinha
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Joint injection

An injection of cortisone into the hip joint will give relief from the hip arthritis (cartilage erosion).
It will also help to differentiate how much pain is coming from the arthritis and how much from the spinal stenosis.

In brief: Joint injection

Dr. Raj Sinha
Dr. Raj Sinha
Dr. Thomas Tanous
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: There

There are many things that may be of benefit prior to hip replacement surgery.
Using a cane in the opposite hand of the affected hip can decrease the weight applied to the hip by 50%. Anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen and alleve can be of benefit as well as physical therapy. Occasionally a steroid injection in the joint can give temporary relief of pain depending on how severe the arthritis in the hip is.

In brief: There

Dr. Thomas Tanous
Dr. Thomas Tanous
Dr. Jane Van Dis