Is it possible to be pregnant and have urine and blood tests come out negative? I also had tests done for the thyroid, liver , hormones, and they all came out negative. The thing is my stomach is big but it does not hurt, and I am lactating. My ovaries

Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No to ?

Is it possible to be pregnant and have urine and blood tests come out negative? If lactating, make sure they checked prolactin and is it beast milk, or other fluid- see surgeon, ? Mass in breast.

In brief: No to ?

Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: Pregnancy

Pregnancy is extremely unlikely with a negative serum HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).
If you are not having periods you are likely not ovulating. The lactation you are experiencing raises the possibility of a prolactinoma so you should have a prolactin level drawn if you haven't already. Another possibility is polycystic ovarian syndrome. This is a syndrome diagnosed through a combination of hormonal tests and ultrasound.

In brief: Pregnancy

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham