Will mole removal leave a scar? I have had a mole on my right cheek ever since i was born. It is very big and unattractive, so i want to get it removed. I don't want to replace the mole with a surgical scar, though. Does the procedure for mole removal lea

Dr. Samuel Bartholomew
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Any

Any surgical excision of a mole or any other facial lesion will always leave a scar. Bigger lesions will leave bigger scars.
Scars may be favorable or unfavorable. Favorable scars have more natural color, are flat and blend in with the lines of the face. Unfavorable scars may be raised, irregular, or run against the natural lines of one's face. Plastic surgeons are uniquely qualified to asses a patient's face when removing cancer or moles and provide the most "favorable" scar possible.

In brief: Any

Dr. Samuel Bartholomew
Dr. Samuel Bartholomew
Dr. Curtis Wong
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Mole for scar

You are trading one for the other and it would be hoped your scar would be better then that mole.
Regardless, there are different techniques of removing moles and your doctor should review them with you, helping you understand what kind of scar you will end up with with each different technique.

In brief: Mole for scar

Dr. Curtis Wong
Dr. Curtis Wong
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery