Are results from a neck lift permanent? I am 55 and have a "turkey wattle" that i would like to have corrected. How long do the results of the surgery typically last? Do some neck lift procedures last longer than others?

Dr. Tanveer Janjua
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Necklift 8 years

That is the average longevity of a neck lift in my opinion.
However it can last up to 30 years in patients who lead a healthy life style, have no weight fluctuations and use daily sun protection and skin care products.

In brief: Necklift 8 years

Dr. Tanveer Janjua
Dr. Tanveer Janjua
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 10-15 years

The skin removed from a necklift is permanent.
A revisional necklift should be performed if necessary after 10-15 years. The term necklift is used to describe a multitude of procedures. I perform necklifts with muscle tightening/resection, skin excision, fat grafting/liposuction.

In brief: 10-15 years

Dr. Anthony Perkins
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You are

Turning back the clock, not stopping it. 10-12 years.

In brief: You are

Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Robert Grenley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The results from a face/neck lift are "permanent" in the sense that the skin is always tighter than it would have been had you not had the surgery.
However, skin will relax over time and eventually might benefit from a second face/neck lift. On average, most patients who have a second lift do so perhaps 10-14 years later, but this depends on how your skin ages.

In brief: The

Dr. Robert Grenley
Dr. Robert Grenley
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: About

About 10 years when you do a real neck lift.
If you a mini neck lift, you will get a mini result. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: About

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. William Forsythe