Which medications should I stop taking before my male breast reduction surgery? I am not on any prescribed medications, but I do take vitamin e, gingko biloba, and a drink a lot of herbal teas. Should i stop using these herbal and vitamin supplements befo

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: It's a waste of $

Ginkgo biloba failed clinical trials, It's NOT effective.
Since it's not a drug, the FDA can't stop the quacks who market it from doing so. As for herbal teas: they taste nice but a typical herbal tea brewed in the typical American way is EXTREMELY weak tea; so dilute that the likelihood of any real biochemical effect is essentially none. BURN THIS in your mind: Skepticism is good for your health.

In brief: It's a waste of $

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
2 comments
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
The truth is so refreshing
Dr. George Pope
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Stop 2 weeks before

Yes, each of these drugs you mention could cause bleeding after surgery.
It's safe to stop them 2 weeks before surgery. I'm in orlando and perform a ton of gynecomastia surgery. See my webinar on youtube - search dr. George pope, or visit www.Gynecomastia.Org, a great forum.

In brief: Stop 2 weeks before

Dr. George Pope
Dr. George Pope
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Stop

You should stop all supplements and herbal teas 10 days prior to surgery.
Your doctor should be able to provide you with a list of supplemens to avoid and which to continue taking.

In brief: Stop

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Stop

Stop them all. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: Stop

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez