Can body contouring make my body look normal again? I lost 100 pounds within the past year, and even though i'm at a healthy weight, I have trouble fitting into clothes because my skin sags and I have loose, flabby areas on my stomach and arms. Can body c

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

Remember you will be trading scars for contours.

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Robert Grenley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes,

Yes, body contouring in the sense of procedures that remove extra and sagging skin can be helpful following massive weight loss.
These are procedures such as tummy tuck, breast lift, upper arm lift, inner and out thigh/buttock lift, etc. Fat that is attached to the extra skin is removed with it, and some areas of extra fat can be contoured with liposuction. If a patient was still heavy (for example, a patient who lost 100 pounds and now weighed 275), they are not yet a candidate for either liposuction or most excisional procedures until they continue to lose weight and get closer to their ideal weight.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Robert Grenley
Dr. Robert Grenley
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: If

If you remove more fat it is going to get looser. If you have excess skin, it should be excised, please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: If

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Eric Weisman