Is smartlipo an effective cellulite treatment? My doctor told me that smartlipo is a very non-invasive cellulite treatment. How does smartlipo work, and can my doctor reduce the cellulite on my buttocks and thighs with this procedure?

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Cellulaze

Smartlipo is not a treatment for cellulite.
The only fda approved permanent treatment for cellulite is called cellulaze. It is a minimally invasive procedure. Few providers offer this amazing technology. For a list of providers in your area follow this link: http://www.Cynosure.Com/patients/practitioner-locator-results.Php make sure you click on cellulaze.

In brief: Cellulaze

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Smart Lipo&Cellulite

Smartlipo effects although smart lipo has been purported to tighten the skin and correct cellulite, many plastic surgeons share my opinion that it is not much different than other forms of traditional liposuction.
Cellulite, is a problem which would tend toward poor results during a liposuction. In fact, it may be exacerbated by this procedure and may be best addressed by other surgeries such as a.

In brief: Smart Lipo&Cellulite

Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Cellulaze

The smart lipo triplex laser can be used for cellulite treatment in a procedure called "cellulaze.
" this treatment is the first fda approved, long term treatment for cellulite. You can treat legs and buttocks as well.

In brief: Cellulaze

Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Dr. Robert Grenley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Smart

Smart lipo is a "franchised" liposuction "technique" used primarily by non-plastic surgeons who perform liposuction.
It in no way helps cellulite.

In brief: Smart

It in no way helps cellulite.
Dr. Robert Grenley
Dr. Robert Grenley
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No,

No, it is useless based on scientific literature.
Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: No,

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez