Can I have laser eye surgery while I'm breastfeeding? My daughter is 8 months old and I'm still breastfeeding her. Is there any reason I can't have laser eye surgery while I'm breastfeeding? If so, how long should I wait after I have stopped before I have

Hormonal . Hormonal changes occur with pregnancy and subsequent breastfeeding. This could change the refractive error you would like to have corrected. Waiting six months after you stop breastfeeding would allow your refractive error to stabilize.
The . The change in hormones in the body of pregnant or nursing women can cause a change in the prescription to be treated or the curvature of the cornea. For this reason, most lasik surgeons recommend that there should be an interval of at least three months since discontinuation of breast feeding and after at least three normal menstrual periods.
As . As dr. Murphy stated, during breastfeeding, there are hormonal changes to support your breastfeeding. These hormonal changes can affect the power of glasses you need to see clearly (refractive error). When you discontinue breast feeding, your refractive error may revert back to it's previous state. It is advisable to wait until you have finished breast feeding, and your refraction is stable. This typically takes six months after discontinuation of breastfeeding.