What are the side effects of glaucoma medication? I have been prescribed eye drops for my glaucoma. Will any parts of my body other than my eyes be affected? Are there any negative side effects?

Dr. Alma Murphy
Ophthalmology

In brief: In

In most cases glaucoma medications do not have negative effects on other parts of the body.
It is difficult to give a more specific answer without knowing which glaucoma eyedrop you are using.

In brief: In

Dr. Alma Murphy
Dr. Alma Murphy
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends..

There are 5-6 glaucoma medications, and all of them can cause side effects, but not commonly.
Everyone is different as well. Your eye doctor can explain this to you in detail.

In brief: Depends..

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Peter Kurzweil