Does breast cancer reconstruction surgery look natural? I have to undergo a double mastectomy for breast cancer and am deciding whether to have breast cancer reconstruction surgery. Would the surgery leave my breasts feeling hard and unnatural? I might ch

No depending on how. Tram flap with your own tissue movement to recreate your breasts may have areas of fat necrosis - hardness. Subpectoral muscle silicone implants are more natural feeling but you may get a capsule a tight feeling. Best answer-- ask your plastic surgeon his experience - they have pictures good and bad to give you an idea of results then you can make an itelligent choice of what is right.
Breast cancer. No a breast reconstruction should not feel hard or unnatural. The main surgery I perform is the diep flap which uses the skin and fat of the abdomen to create natural feeling and appearinbrg breasts. With the release of silicone implants in the us market over the last few years we now can perform implant based reconstruction are natural in appearance and soft to the touch. Please see plastic surg.
Every. Every patient may have a different experience with implants. The majority of implants are not hard at all. There is another type of breast reconstruction called tram flap reconstruction that does not require the use of implants. Today women can also participate in picking out the color of the nipple to be tattooed onto the reconstructed breast. Some surgeons actually make a nipple using the patients' skin. The majority of reconstructed breasts that I have seen in my practice are beautiful. We have many talented plastic surgeons.
Options. There are many options available to patients needing reconstruction. The most natural way is using your own tissues. A diep flap is the most cutting edge way to achieve this natural result. It is using the abdominal fat /skin only (no muscle - as sacrificing your muscle is a tram). Find a diep center as this is a challenging technique that requires experience and expertise.